Yesterday I made this vegan Pistachio cake for my farther for farther’s day 😀 This recipe is from @springlane.de blog. I only slightly adapted it to our needs 😀 .
There was a sale at our local supermarket for pistachios so I got around 10 bags.
Vegan Pistachio Pound CakeCuisine: german, western
200 g salted pistachios (weight with shell)
2 tsp of apple cider vinegar
80g baby spinach
200 ml plant based milk (Oat, soy…)
70 ml sunflower oil
2tsp of baking soda
150g vegan cream chease
2 tablespoons of agave honey (optional)
2 sprig (s) of mint
50 g pistachios
2 tbsp powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 175 ° C. Grease your baking pan or line it with baking paper if needed (I don’t, since I have a silicone form)
- Free the salted pistachios from their shells and finely grind them in a blender. Mix in a bowl with the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Put the spinach with oat milk in a blender and puree until the mixture reaches a smooth consistency.
- Add the spinach mix and oil to the dry ingredients and mix everything. Stir in the apple cider vinegar. Pour the dough into the baking pan and bake in the pre-heated oven for about 40 minutes. Cover with aluminum foil after 30 min. to stop the cake from browning. Take a tooth stick test. Let the cake cool completely.
- Halve the lemon for the frosting and squeeze one half. Sift powdered sugar, mix with vegan cream cheese and 1 tbsp lemon juice. Spread frosting on the cake. Slice the remaining half of the lemon. Garnish the cake with pistachios, lemon wedges and mint. Pour maple syrup over the top.